Breckinridge Climate Policy and Framework for Climate Action
July 26, 2021
At Breckinridge, sustainability is more than a philosophy or an investment approach. It defines who we are and everything we do. That includes the consideration of climate risks and opportunities in our fixed income security research as well as our business operations. We stand behind the goals of the Paris Agreement and the assessments and reports provided by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), and below we detail the ways in which we consider climate change.
- Breckinridge refers primarily to climate assessments and reports provided by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, “IPCC”. More information is available on the website; https://www.ipcc.ch/
- Breckinridge integrates climate change risks and opportunities across our strategies through rigorous bottom up ESG research and our overall investment process.
- Breckinridge provides customized solutions which can align with asset owners’ climate action targets. This can include emissions reduction goals, divestment and investments in climate solutions.
- Breckinridge engages with bond issuers on material climate factors including emissions reduction, transition risk, climate equity and improved climate disclosure.
- Breckinridge engages both independently and collaboratively with industry and investor initiatives and policies to advance the goals of the Paris Agreement, and in the best interests of our clients and business continuity.
- Breckinridge strives to mitigate climate related risks in its business operations through its business continuity, supply chain and risk management planning.
- We will work to improve accounting of Scope 1 & 2 emissions and, to the extent possible, material Scope 3 emissions.
- Climate policy is integrated into the firm’s governance practices at the board level. The Benefit Director is responsible for including climate risk and related initiatives on the board’s agenda and facilitating climate related board action such as resolutions.
- Breckinridge provides clients with reporting and analytics on ESG investing and climate risks and opportunities.
- Breckinridge reports annually to our stakeholders, on climate issues material to our business, in accordance with the framework of the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosure, “TCFD”.
This policy is intended to provide general information about Breckinridge and should not be construed as investment advice or as a solicitation or offer of investment strategies or services. All investments involve risks, including the loss of principal.